NuGet package of DLL release

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Hi,

I tried your EF Code First Membership Provider and it's great. It looks like it's more usable than altairiswebsecurity. However, I have two request:

Can you create a NuGet package with only the DLL? And make the current NuGet package a sample package. This way it's easier for other NuGet packages to reuse your library as a dependency. I'm planning to use it in a quickstart sample package.

Second request, is it possible to minimize the web.config configuration? You have to point to your DataContext, Role and User class two times. This is 6 configuration points to fill in. It would be great if there was a no-config option, (based on defaults?) or only specify each class once.

Thanks a lot,

Michiel

Sep 9, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Sure I can do that, glad to hear the good feedback. I will give the configuration another once over. I thought it would be nice too, but I wasn't sure how to accomplish this without deviating from the Microsoft standard.

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Hi,

I see you created a new release. But the main NuGet package also contains a web.config transform file. Can you make a NuGet package release with only the DLL? That way I can easily build new packages on top og your package.

Thanks a lot!

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Hey, sorry for the late response, haven't wanted to touch the project in a few months. I recently started rebuilding this provider and implementing suggested features, yours among them (single configuration). I also have plans to finish a beta in the next few days and will post a proper nuget package for you of that version. The new source code can be tracked via github: http://github.com/holyprin/Holyprin.Web.Security.