Custom user/role primary key data type

Oct 11, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Hi,

A big driver for using EF for Membership/Role is obviously to avoid the OOB sprocs & tables and fit in with the rest of the (EF) application. A very common requirement on the database side is to use int or sometimes bigint data type for keys, rather than GUIDs. It would be great if the code encapsulated this (i.e. the data type for UserId and RoleId), so that I can just reference your project without having to change your code from GUID to INT.

Do you have any plans to allow this?

Thanks for sharing your emminently useful project!

Kristian

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2011 at 10:02 PM

I originally had plans to do this, but it became quite complicated to accomplish to allow both. However, I have recently found a few new tricks I may be able to use in a version 2 rewrite that I've been working up on paper for a few weeks now. Hopefully I'll be able to get working on this soon, but I've been dealing with moving across the country. So it could be a week or so before I get started.

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Sorry for the extremely late response, found myself in a slump for a few months not really wanting to touch this project, I have just started redesigning version 2 of this provider which includes your suggestion, and the single configuration suggestion by mpost, I've also implemented TDD for more stability. I should have a full working beta release done in the next few days.